Sunday, September 4, 2011

Recycled Cardboard Paper Organizer

Hi everyone. As I mentioned before, growing up I didn't have much money so I was "forced" (not really.. i actually loved it) to be creative with the things I did have available.  I always had books and papers laying around but not enough storage for them. My grandma showed me how to do these recycled paper organizers!  She had tons of them full of her crochet and plastic canvas books. I did this one using the box in a long way but you can use it in horizontally and fit 12x12 scrapbook paper (depending on how big is the box you choose).

For this you are going to need:

  • Cereal box (or any box, depending on the purpose of your storage)
  • Masking tape (or any tape with any color design, or scrapbook paper, or stickers, ...anything would work)
  • Washi tape (*optional)
  • Scissors
  • Ruler
  • Pen
  • Imagination
Steps:
  1. Use a pencil and a ruler to mark a line. Whatever many inches you want from the bottom. (I did 7 from the top because it was a big box;  I also marked the box about 3 inches from the side in order to have a flat part at the top instead of a complete diagonal opening, but you do not have to do this).
  2. Use scissors to cut away the top section of the box (the part you previously marked). 
  3. Cover the box in pretty tape, paper, stickers, paint or anything you have laying around in your scraps stach.  
  4. Start using it!
Isn't it cute? The tape I used did not quite cover the design of the box, but since i was going to have this box laying against other storage containers, I didn't mind. Enjoy!




1 comment: